Blue Marine Coral tank – English version
Here is the presentation of Blue Marine Coral Tank I launched in late December.
The Coral Tank is a complete system including extra clear glass tank, sump, stand, filtersock, UFO 8300 LED fixture, return pump Blue Marine Reefpower 1600 and Blue Marine Skim 500 protein skimmer. I added to it a Oase Heatup 150 heater, Aqamai KPS and Tunze Nanostream 6020 powerheads at each sides of the central overflow.
For hardscape, I used mix solution : French ceramic rocks from Aquaroche and some Australian liverocks. The sand is from Colombo brand. For biological stabilization, I dosed Korallen-Zucht Zeobak and Zeostart 3. Several critters species to eat algae and detritus : Cerithium, Archaster typicus, Holothuria hilla, Strombus, Tectus and Astreas.
To honour tank’s name, I carefully choose corals, mainly LPS : Homophyllia (ex. Scolymia) australis, croc island and vitiensis, Blastomussa wellsi, Favia, Goniastrea, several Chalices, Montipora, Trachyphyllia geoffroyi, Euphyllia and Fimbriaphyllia… This tank is viewable from 3 sides in my living room, it had to be a coral firework. A few SPS give volume : Montipora samarensis, Seriatopora calendrium, Pocillopora and Acropora subglabra.
Three fish swim around polypes : an Emblemaria pandionis (dragon fish), a Halichoeres chrysus always swimming and eating few flatworms I had and a Liopropoma swalesi. I fell in love with this fish a few years ago when I see it online, and I finally got one. With its predatory allure, it measures only 6/7 cm. It rather swims in caves searching for crustaceans. It is less shy in the evening.
In the stand, a drawer allows to store power supplies and controllers, dry goods for example. Below it, the sump with automatic top-off with a big water reservoir, filtersock, the main chamber for protein skimmer and heater, a double overflow system with filter sponge, a small chamber for filtration media (I add some extra Aquaroche) and the return pump chamber. A good feature to notice : three sides of the sump are higher than the front glass to protect stand from water splashes.
The « + » of the Coral Tank system :
- the shallow dimensions (65 * 60 * 30 cm) with high stand (100 cm)
- glass transparency
- the system is sold with the core to make a successful reef tank (it lacks only powerheads and heater)
- le système compact de descente et remontée réduit à un simple tuyau the compact overflow system in an unique pipe
- big RO reservoir
The « – » :
- UFO light covering when attached to the supplied arm which limits the choice of corals in the front corners of the tank. But you can hang it from the ceiling a bit closer to the front glasse to cover the front angle, or create a more central hardscape than mine. You can also buy the flex fixation arm which allows to get more in the front of the tank.
- a little lack of blue LED to enjoy the full coloration potential of the corals during daylight mixing blue and white light.
The full system tank + stand + sump + lighting + return pump + skimmer + filtersock is sold 1499 €.
Find the Coral Tank and Blue Marine offer on their online catalogue.